Your Family’s Safety Comes First
Since opening our doors in 1919, Suddath® has created a sense of trust and peace of mind around home moving. Especially during a trying time like this, our commitment hasn’t wavered and has grown even stronger.
“Safety First” is at the core of everything we do, and every team member is dedicated to performing your move quickly and safely. As we have worked to adapt and quickly come up with new processes, the health of our customers and crews have been top of mind above all else.
COVID-19 RESPONSE PLAN
Find out how we are supporting our customers through COVID-19
VIRTUAL MOVE SURVEY
Schedule a safe, germ-free and convenient virtual tour to get a free estimate
MOVING DURING COVID-19 BLOG
Learn about helpful tips for your upcoming move during these challenging times
FREE HEALTH & SAFETY MOVE KIT
Suddath will provide a free hygiene kit with cleaning supplies for our moving crews
SAFE & SECURE HOME MOVING
Will My Move Be Disrupted in Any Way?
Moving is classified as an essential service, and therefore we are approved to remain operational and service moves. People still need to relocate, and we intend to be there to help in a safe and responsible manner.
However, some of our locations throughout the U.S. are under some form of restrictions, and capacity could be limited in certain markets based on driver and crew availability. To learn more about how your specific area and move might be impacted, please reach out to your Suddath move coordinator. If your move will be impacted by changing local, state or federal guidelines, your dedicated Suddath move coordinator will update you right away.
How Are You Trying to Keep Everyone Safe?
If you have booked a move with Suddath you will receive a COVID-19 care box of cleaning supplies, gloves, hand soap and hand sanitizer that is intended for your Suddath moving crew. Additionally, our crews have been trained and are committed to:
- Forgoing handshakes
- Working six feet apart whenever possible during the move
- Using personal protection equipment
- Sanitizing shared surfaces
- Washing or sanitizing hands after touching shared surfaces or at least every two hours
- Crew members who are exhibiting symptoms or who are ill in any way are required to stay home
- Per our enhanced screening process, move coordinators are reaching out to customers 72-and 24-hours in advance to check in, answer any last-minute questions, as well as ask a series of health-related questions prior to the move to ensure everyone’s safety
What Precautions Should I Take?
We’re asking customers to follow basic protocol related to social distancing. Currently, we advise that only one family member interact with our movers on move day if possible. This is to make sure we maintain proper social distancing during the move to protect you, as well as the Suddath moving team. Some other ways you can help are:
- Allocating an area where your moving crew can wash and dry their hands regularly
- Maintain a six-foot distance from movers and drivers as they work
- Outside of an initial brief overview of the move plan with the Suddath moving team leader, refraining from any participation in the move if possible
- Clean commonly touched items prior to your movers arriving – doorknobs, sink handles, door pulls, etc.
- Clean or disinfect furniture that is being moved prior to movers arriving
- To be cautious, disinfect items that have been padded and wrapped once they’re unwrapped in your new home
- Dispose of all packing materials once the move is complete
Suddath’s goal is to move you as safely as possible, while also protecting our moving team. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we navigate these unprecedented times.