Privacy and Compliance
Effective Date: May 21, 2018
Last Updated: October 23, 2023
This Policy is designed to comply with all applicable privacy and data protection laws (“Laws”).
By using the Sites, you are consenting to this Policy and accepting the practices described herein. We will use PII collected for the purpose of providing, facilitating, and/or arranging transportation, relocation, and/or logistics related services. Note, this Policy applies only to our Sites. If you leave our Sites, this Policy and our practices will no longer apply.
Legal Basis of Processing
Our need to obtain consent to collect and process PII for the purposes listed in this Policy, and our obligation to comply with Laws, are the legal bases for collecting and processing PII.
We collect and process PII in accordance with Laws and will only disclose PII to third parties when there is a legitimate and lawful reason to do so.
We are responsible for processing PII we receive and similarly responsible for PII we subsequently transfer to third parties. We protect PII by (i) performing due diligence on third parties processing PII; and (ii) ensuring standard contractual clauses in compliance with Laws are in place with third parties.
We may transfer PII to our companies across our global footprint.
Collection and Use of PII
We have collected or may collect personally identifiable information and sensitive personal information (collectively, “PII”) when voluntarily submitted to us. Examples of PII we have collected or may collect, include, but are not limited to:
- Name and role details: name; login credentials; company information;
- Contact details: email; address; telephone number; fax number; device ID; internet protocol (“IP”) address; imported contacts;
- Personal characteristics and demographic information: age; gender; place of birth; marital status; domicile; nationality; job title; language selections; immigration status; work experience;
- Financial information: financial account number; credit/debit card number; compensation;
- Transactional details: billing address; payment method; account holder information; credit or debit card numbers;
- Employer/employee information: start dates, salary, company name, title;
- Education and training: schools/universities attended; course of study; academic grades/rankings/degrees obtained; professional certifications/licenses/memberships; publications; training programs;
- Identification numbers: social security number (SSN/TIN), passport number, driver’s license number/VIN; national ID number;
- Biometric and genetics: facial photographs
- Customer service information: for newsletters or marketing efforts;
- Usage data: relating to visits, clicks, downloads, messages sent/received, and other usage of Sites, mobile apps, platforms, and services offered by us;
- Server log file info: automatically gathered server log file information when users visit websites, including IP address, time/date stamp, browser type, referring and exit web pages, the files viewed on our Sites and services, your operating system;
- CRM information: customer relationship data and business account/sales information; influence ranking; product utilization ranking; purchase amount ranking; and/or
- Religion/politics/philosophical/union information: other “special categories”-type pieces of information.
We may also combine the PII with demographic, geolocation, and interest-based segment data, along with event-based data from third-party providers.
Use of PII – We are a transportation, relocation and logistics service provider. PII is used to:
- Provide services and support;
- Communicate and market current offerings and services;
- Authenticate and identify Site users;
- Evaluate and measure Site and service performance;
- Comply with Laws.
PII may also be used in other ways in accordance with your consent.
We do not share, sell, rent or trade PII with third parties for their promotional purposes. We will disclose your PII to third parties only in the ways described in this Policy.
Cookie and Tracking Technology
We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes, but may not be limited to, IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with PII. We do this to improve services, marketing, analytics, and the Sites.
Interest-Based Advertising – We may partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Sites or to manage our advertising on other sites.
To opt-out of interest-based advertising by participating companies in the following consumer choice mechanisms, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.aboutads.info/)
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)’s consumer opt-out page (http://youronlinechoices.eu)
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)’s self-regulatory opt-out page (http://optout.networkadvertising.org/)
Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertisements. You will continue to receive generic advertisements.
Disclosure of PII
We will disclose PII to third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy.
Compliance with Laws and Investigations
We reserve the right to disclose your PII: (i) to governmental agencies, public authorities, or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation; (ii) as required by Laws; and (iii) when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
We may disclose PII to third parties to assist with their provision of any subcontracted services. We may use third parties to facilitate and provide transportation, warehousing, logistics, or other related transportation and/or relocation services. These third parties are authorized to use PII only as necessary to provide subcontracted services and for no other purpose.
Social Media Features
The Sites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. Information provided may be indefinitely read, collected, and used by others. To request removal of your PII from our blogs or community forums, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, we will provide the reasoning and rationale if we are unable to remove your PII.
Commitment to Security
We use reasonable measures and follow generally accepted industry standards to safeguard the security and integrity of PII. We only disclose PII to authorized individuals who have agreed to keep PII secure and confidential. If you have any questions about security on the Sites, email email@example.com.
Your PII Rights
The Laws extend certain protections regarding PII and we will not discriminate or retaliate against anyone exercising such protections. These protections include an individual’s right to: (i) request a copy of all PII that has been provided to us by that individual; (ii) request transmission of their PII directly to another controller; (iii) know if we hold any of their PII and the categories of such PII; (iv) know the business purpose for which their PII was used; (v) know the categories of third parties to which their PII was disclosed; (vi) access the specific pieces of PII collected from or about them; (vii) correct the PII collected from or about them; (viii) limit the use and disclosure of their PII; and (ix) delete the PII collected from or about them.
To submit such request, you may contact our toll-free number or complete a form, both of which are located in the section entitled “Contact Us.” Please note, any request to act on your PII rights will need to be verified. For your protection, we may require additional information such as, but not limited to, your address and details around the services. If you use an authorized agent to submit a request, you must provide proof, such as a signed written authorization or power of attorney, authorizing the agent to submit such request.
When processing PII is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, we may be required and/or allowed by Laws to retain your PII. When processing PII is based on contract and you withdraw consent, we may not be able to continue providing services and may have to terminate our relationship.
Note, if you are an employee of a third party and do not want us to process your PII, please contact your employer.
If we deny your request to act on your rights, you may have the right to appeal such decision. To appeal, complete the same form used to submit your initial request. Texas residents whose appeal is denied may contact the attorney general by clicking here.
We will retain PII for legitimate business purposes or compliance with Laws.
You may sign-up to receive communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving communications, you may update your preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails, adjusting your member profile on the Sites, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children’s Online Privacy
The Sites are not directed at, or intended for, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect PII on the Sites directly from children. If we become aware that a child has disclosed PII to us without consent from a parent or guardian, we will delete such PII.
Currently, various browsers offer a “do not track” or “DNT” option which sends a signal to websites visited by the user about the user’s browser DNT preference setting. We do not currently commit to responding to browsers’ DNT signals with respect to the Sites, in part, because no common industry standard for DNT has been adopted.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. Any changes to the Policy will only apply to activities and PII on a go-forward basis.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our Policy or how we use PII, you may contact us by:
If you would like to act on your PII rights as outlined in the “Your PII Rights” section, contact us or click here. Once we receive the completed form, your request will be processed as outlined in this Policy and in accordance with Laws.
Should you wish to take any complaints or questions further, you have the right to contact your local data protection regulator.