Caring for Our Communities
Suddath® believes moving the world also means moving our communities forward. We do this by giving back, through sponsorship and support of local organizations everywhere we operate. We’re proud of this tradition of philanthropy and continue to further our involvement with a diverse list of organizations.
More than just writing checks, we seek partnerships that will help us widen our reach and positive impact for meaningful change. We support programs and causes that address issues of homelessness and food insecurity, human trafficking and veterans’ affairs, in addition to focusing on the health and well-being of our local community members.
Making a Difference
Suddath team members participate in multiple regional food drives throughout the year, donating, collecting and delivering goods to keep neighborhood food banks well stocked. Across our agency relationships and as part of the move experience, Suddath collects non-perishable pantry items from customers and delivers them to local community members, using discard and donate programs and teaming with organizations like Move for Hunger. These partnerships facilitate a sustainable way to simultaneously reduce food waste and fight hunger. Our teams have helped:
- Collect over 40,000 meals annually for individuals and families struggling with food insecurity
- Donate 2,000 non-perishable items to local food banks in connection with Giving Tuesday
- Sort, pack and deliver hundreds of pounds of food and personal hygiene items and weekend supply kits in regional centers around the country
Bringing Warmth to Our Neighborhoods
In the spirt of the kindness and caring that Fred Rogers – the iconic children’s television host – was known for, we foster deep community bonds, standing by one another in good times and bad. In our Jacksonville headquarters market, Suddath has been a key contributor to and sponsor of the annual Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood Sweater Drive, in collaboration with WJCT Public Media, VyStar Credit Union and the Tom Bush Family of Dealerships. Together, we collect new and gently used sweaters, jackets, blankets and other cold-weather supplies for our local neighbors in need. As a regular participant and sponsor, Suddath team members:
- Donate – contributing over 40,000 winter-weather items over three years
- Host drop-off centers at our Jacksonville locations
- Volunteer to sort, package and load our trucks to deliver items to non-profit organizations throughout our neighboring counties
Putting an End to Human Trafficking
Suddath is fully committed to supporting human rights and social justice around the globe. As a provider of transportation management services, our team members are optimally and strategically placed to be eyes and ears on the road—helping to spot, report and end the scourge of human trafficking, or modern-day slavery. Our efforts include:
- Training all employees to help raise awareness of and offer resources to identify and report suspicious behaviors
- Supporting Truckers Against Trafficking, a 501(c)3 organization that educates, equips, empowers and mobilizes members of the trucking, bus and energy industries to combat human trafficking
- Attaining 100% driver certification training to recognize and report human trafficking signs
Advocating to Eradicate Homelessness
The Suddath Companies, along with our relocation management company business, Sterling Lexicon, partner with Trinity, a registered U.K. charity focusing on earning trust, building resilience and fostering accountability for the actions needed to end homelessness. We believe we are all accountable for driving change in our communities to meet the essential survival and human dignity needs of our fellow neighbors. Last year, the team worked together to:
- Donate contents and assemble 213 personal hygiene kits for visitors to their centers
- Donate to and serve 180 holiday dinners
- Contribute over 150 items of furniture to equip emergency and other types of affordable housing facilities
Caring for Veterans
Community collaboration to support the men and women who serve our nation
K9s for Warriors
The nation’s largest provider of trained service dogs for military veterans suffering from various forms of trauma.
- Over $372,000 raised to date
- Donated 3 custom vehicles for warriors and service dogs
- Donated new office furniture for new headquarters
Wounded Warrior Project
Delivers programs and services that support injured Service Members as they re-enter civilian life. Suddath is a recognized Corporate Champion.
- Raised over $25,000 to support disabled veterans
- Donated storage services for annual solider ride events
Honors military members and their families through acts of kindness and support.
- Sent 500 care packages to deployed Navy sailors during the holidays
- Supported 8 Navy ships over the past four years’ events
Get to Know More About Suddath
Our values represent who we are, how we work and who we aspire to be.
Delivering integrated solutions that move people, businesses and products forward efficiently, reliably and responsibly.
Want to help make lives easier by delivering in the moments that matter? Find a rewarding opportunity in our growing family!