Our Sustainability Commitment
Suddath® is firmly committed to sustainable business practices to protect our employees, customers, communities and the environment. We work to minimize our global environmental impact in all business activities we undertake, whether it’s through the landscapes we touch, the air we breathe or the roads and waters we travel over. We strive to identify new ways to be energy efficient in our workplace and beyond, while delivering eco-friendly solutions to our customers. By recycling moving materials, implementing sustainability programs and focusing on more-efficient transportation processes and technologies, we not only help our customers save money but also help protect the environment and our future.
Making a Difference
Reducing Energy Consumption
Across our services and locations, we identify ways to drive meaningful change and increase our energy efficiencies. We use eco-friendly office equipment like LED lighting and motion sensors and implement paperless practices. We reuse and recycle packing materials and crates and have idling-prevention controls in our fleet vehicles to cut down on emissions. We also strive to meet or exceed our goals through:
- Maintaining our certification in EPA SmartWay, a voluntary industry collaboration to benchmark, adjust and improve fuel efficiency and reduce the environmental impact of freight transport
- Following Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) policies and guidelines
- Investing in low sulfur and bio diesel vehicles when adding to our fleet
- Planting 150 trees each year to support reforestation efforts with One Tree Planted
Serving as Responsible Stewards
We engage in several initiatives to ensure that we and the supply chain partners we work with are committed to measurable activities that help us all work together to achieve better protection of our environment. From collecting and recycling used batteries from our businesses and team members to careful choices about the office cleaning products we use, we know even simple steps can add up to meaningful change. Highlights of some of the strides we’ve made over the last two years include:
- Saving 335,451 pounds of carbon emissions through conducting more than 18,871 virtual (video) surveys
- Recycling 12 tons of office paper, 13 tons of wood and 130 tons of other materials
- Saving over 115 megawatts of energy and reducing power utilization by 60 percent through server virtualization
- Reducing 18 tons of waste through multiple coordinated initiatives
Helping Customers and Reducing Waste
We engage in several efforts that not only help our customers have an easier move but minimize the environmental impact at the same time. Discard and donate programs lower shipping volumes by 10 percent or more, removing unwanted items before the final pack and load. These efforts not only declutter homes to enhance market appeal and help our customers get more easily and quickly settled in at their new destinations, but help realize meaningful positive impacts to the environment each year, such as:
- Eliminating over 101,000 pounds of shipping weight
- Reducing over 4,000 pounds of cardboard/paper
- Saving more than 1,600 gallons of fuel
Read more about the benefits of discard and donate programs in an article shared by our relocation management company business, Sterling Lexicon.
Earning Global Recognition as an Industry Leader
Suddath businesses have earned noted accreditations from EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. Our most recent award is a silver status rating for our relocation management company division, Sterling Lexicon, for being within the top 25 percentile of companies recognized for quality of sustainability management systems. EcoVadis standards are built on a global partnership of companies collaborating on a common platform, and universal scorecards, benchmarks and performance improvement tools. EcoVadis recognition is earned via competition across:
- 90,000+ companies
- 160+ countries
- 200+ industries
Get to Know More About Suddath
Our values represent who we are, how we work and who we aspire to be.
Delivering integrated solutions that move people, businesses and products forward efficiently, reliably and responsibly.
Want to help make lives easier by delivering in the moments that matter? Find a rewarding opportunity in our growing family!